GROUP MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA:
In order to qualify for group membership of the Institute certain criteria need to be met by the company applying. These criteria are detailed as follows:
- All employees in the company’s organizational structure whose main function (at least 60% of time dedicated to OH&S) it is to provide occupational health, safety and environmental support (e.g. HSE Manager, safety officer etc.) are to either follow the registration process or develop a plan to register as either Safety Coordinator, Safety Practitioner or Safety Professional or enrolled as members of IoSM.
- The company is to confirm its commitment to the Institute’s Code of Practice and Ethics in writing.
- The company is to have an SHE Policy and either has in place or is working towards implementing a management system for the purpose of controlling occupational health, safety and environmental risks inherent to the company’s operation.
- Group membership fees will be calculated on the following basis:
- Annual fee of R2 450 plus
- the current membership fee for individual registered members (or those working towards registration) R320 (20% discount off the normal individual fee)